Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Next Big Thing (Plus DTS Outreach Video!)


It's been a few months since I last posted on here. Oops. How time does fly! I apologize for that. I really did intend to update more frequently, but life keeps happening and I'm so easily distracted...

Example A: I intended to write this big long post about how I was accepted into the Bible School for the Nations (BSN) with YWAM in Madison, Wisconsin, but I can't really think of what to say other than that. If you want to know how I decided to do this school, you can ask me, because there's a lot of personal experiences that led up to it, and I can't really put it all in writing very well. All I'm going to say is I very strongly felt the call of God to go here, and now I am going here, and it's all very exciting!

So I'm just going to explain what the BSN is and then I'm going to put a link to a video I made of my DTS Outreach in Italy. I could have sworn I posted this video on here ages ago, but it doesn't look like I did. So, two birds, one stone, all that. Okay, here goes...



From the BSN page on the YWAM Madison website:


"The purpose of BSN is to equip YWAM workers who are seeking to know the truths of the Bible that transform individuals and nations, and to enable them to effectively communicate these ideas to others. The BSN gives the necessary tools for students to build a biblical foundation for life and ministry. It seeks to cultivate in the students a deeper love for God and for truth, and to build confidence in God’s loving character in how He brings about His purposes in Biblical and modern history. Additionally, the course provides the Biblical basis for most of YWAM’s Foundational Values."

Basically, for 4 months I will be intensively studying the Bible in a classroom setting, going over the themes of each book of the Bible and delving into the original historical context for each story. We'll also be learning how to convey Bible stories to people who have never heard them before, because on our outreach we will be going to Africa (locations as of yet to be decided, but I've been told we're trying to go to the DR Congo and Tanzania) to help teach the Bible to new Christians who love God but have not been able to learn from His Word. 

I'll try to keep you all updated on any new information. I will for sure post an update when we have a solid outreach location, and when that happens hopefully I will know for sure how much I will need for funds for outreach. Right now all they can say is anywhere from 2000 to 3500 dollars. 

Speaking of which, check out my snazzy new widget on the left side of the page! That will take you to my GoFunMe page, where you can donate towards my outreach. I intend to pay all the classroom fees out of pocket from my job, but looking forward I don't think I'll have time to make much more than just enough to pay for that. So I'll need to fundraise basically all of my outreach money.

So, I would humbly ask you to go to pray about donating on my GoFundMe. With that website, something like 3 percent of the donation is taken by them to run the site, but from what I can tell it's a fantastic tool for raising money. If you don't want to do that, you can always mail me a check or cash or black market bargaining tokens (I'm not super picky), or give it to me in person. 

And if you don't feel moved to donate, I'd simply ask that you keep me in your prayers and share either this blog post or my GoFundMe link with your Facebook friends, Twitter followers, GooglePlus circles, e-mail contacts, government officials, and regional monarchs. The more people who see this, the better chances someone will send me money. 

Alright, thank you for reading all that. Now please, if you're interested in seeing a sliver of what I did in Italy, enjoy this little video I put together a few months back. If you're Internet speeds are fast enough, I even uploaded it in glorious 1080p resolution!



That's all I got right now. Again, thank you so much for keeping up with my adventures, and please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this next big season of my life!

God's Blessings,
Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment